Senior Data Engineer
Technical Infrastructure - full-time - Munich
We’re looking for an experienced Data Engineer for our Data Platform to become part of our outstanding development team in Munich. You are responsible to develop new features that help us to improve our data gathering and event processing products. If you love to continuously improve and deliver high quality software - then Stylight is the place to be for you!
- Provide and maintain central data infrastructure built around AWS Redshift.
- Improve our event infrastructure to collect event data from our different systems using AWS Kinesis.
- Extend and take responsibility for our ETL processes.
- Enable other departments to make data-informed decisions by utilizing data products that help teams to create reports, monitor performance and make use of data provided by Stylight teams.
- You have mastered at least one programming language, we mostly use Python3.
- You have a working experience min. 3 years.
- You have strong communication skills in English and you are able to explain technical topics to non-technical persons.
- You have gained experience with event processing, SQL, AWS and building/integrating APIs.
- You care not only about your code but also about Ops part of the story like deployment, monitoring and scaling for our growing demand - we use Docker and Kubernetes.
- We work in Kanban cycles in a team of four.
- We take responsibility and ownership for the software we produce.
- We love high-quality code and software that is tested automatically.
- We love to find out more about our company data to improve the decision-making process.
Why Join Stylight?
- Stylight is #1 Meetup organizer in Munich, and deeply involved in the local tech community
- We organize daho.am, our own annual developer conference. Top-notch speakers and over 700 attendees
- Hands-on work after quick ramp up: You’ll do your first deploy to production during your first week
- We’ll give you a personal development budget, to go to conferences, buy books and grow with us
- International and diverse workplace: 44% non-German and 65% female
- We have one of the best office spaces in Munich (and actually in Germany)
- Experience Munich: Our office is in the city-center, and just a 10 minutes walk from the nearest biergarten
- For more information check out: http://tech.stylight.com/
Up for the Challenge?
Does this sound like the perfect job for you? Then do not hesitate and apply today. We are looking forward to receiving your complete application! Your contact: Carina Meyer